The secret to success for being a cynical optimist or Advocatus Diaboli, and not losing your mind in the process, is to constantly believe that someone somewhere exists to help make good happen. Expect bad. Seek good.
I admit to sometimes being cynically optimistic.
Am always sure that things will work out for the best. I also expect the worst to possibly happen and spend extra energy on having an extra plan or two at the ready.
If my Plan B and Plan C do not work out then I rely upon what has always worked in the past: Grab a clipboard, make up my own rules, and demonstrate to the buggers how I came to stay and can outlast them.
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Price fixing! The cost of Truffles, and the price thereof, is fixed!
Have become a mall walker. Day after day I see the same thing and notice when something is amiss. Am currently up to 2.5 miles of window shopping.
Evidence that the price of Truffles is too damned high, and the price is fixed: BOTH Victoria’s Secret and ‘Life is — Pink — is Life‘ will give you FREE Truffles but ONLY if you buy $75 of stuff.
Price fixing sez me. Will keep you up to date on other consumer trends as I see them. I promise!
1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Brits.
CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.